Banana bread: it’s perfect for breakfast. It’s perfect for dessert. It’s perfect for a snack. It is the baked good of the century.
To make ‘Nana Bread, you’ll need a few household ingredients. As folks move into November, making this recipe is sure to warm up the house as the winter days grow more chilly.
Dry: 2 cups flour, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. Salt and ½ tsp. cinnamon
Wet: 3 extra ripe bananas, 1 cup brown sugar, ½ cup salted butter, 2 eggs, 1 tsp. Vanilla and 1 tbsp. milk
Toppings: 1 cup chocolate chips and ¾ cups chopped nut of choice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit (165 degrees celsius).
- Measure out and plop the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a lil’ bowl. Mix it around a bit to get everything incorporated well.
- Use a fork to mash up your ‘nanas in a big boy bowl. Don’t be afraid to show those ‘nanas whose boss.
- Mix in the butter and sugar with the ‘nanas. It’s going to look like a curdled, slooshy mess, but trust me when I say that’s ok! Everything will mix together in the end.
- Crack in the eggs into the ‘nana-sugar-butter mixture and add the vanilla and cinnamon. Stir that baby up until it looks all combined.
- Add your flour mixture into your wet mixture. While mixing, add in the milk.
- Stir it up until you get a thicc, light-brown colored batter and all the bits of flour disappear.
- Fold in the chocolate chips!
- Pour the batter into a 9×5 loaf pan that’s been generously greased. You can use non-stick spray or coat it with butter and flour. After pouring, place the sliced almonds on top of the batter.
- Bake the bread for about 1 hour and 5 minutes, but make sure to check the bread by poking its center with a toothpick or knife first. If the toothpick comes out clean, you’re all good in the hood. If not, bake it a ‘lil longer! (check the last tip for the best baking-time advice).
- Once the bread is baked all the way through, let it cool for about 45 min.-1 hr. Or eat it right away and burn your mouth, I can’t tell you what to do!
- Eat that bad boy with a smile. You just made some amazing stuff! Be proud of yourself and enjoy!
When looking for a fulfilling new recipe to try during the winter months, this ‘Nana Bread is sure to do the trick!